Monday 16 February 2015

FSTS: Editing the sounds for the animatic

Well editing the sounds for the animatic is quicker than I expected. A chunk of the generic sounds are downloaded for free from freesound.org and they include:
-The Camera Click
-The Creepy Organ Loop
-A lion Roar
-A whip Sound
You can hear them (unedited of course) here:



Then my next step was to edit, cut and crop some of them and turn them into sounds that can fit my animatic well. I used Adobe Audition for that and mostly the stretch and pitch tools plus some of the echo effects and the reverse for a little bit more of a variety:


Finally I needed to record myself singing a creepy song (obviously) it needed to be a mix of the "Suspiria" soundtrack and the lullaby in "Pan's Labyrinth" (my favourite film in the whole wide world) but at the end everything sounded a bit too much like either of those two sadly, this is the original (get ready for giggles):


And since that wasn't enough I had to record something that sounds like a Merry Go Round, so that it fits with the idea of a circus setting. Sadly there aren't many of those around in Maidstone so I improvised with on of those manual whisks placed in a big mug. This is the original sound:



And the final background music for the animatic was made using those two sounds + the creepy organ loop. I think it turned out quite well, if I had a little bit more time I would have extended my "lalala" song (all rights reserved) a bit more so it flows better, but we have to chase the deadlines after all :) Here it is:



Now all that's left is get a hold of Julien as his french accent will be perfect for my characters. Update soon to follow :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah I really like the creepy background music, I can imagine that it fits so perfectly with your animatic!

    ReplyDelete