After a fascinating research into the world of facial hair I can only say that my love for beards was deepened to a point of an obsession :)
The Top ten facts about beards that made it to the list are:
10. Facial hair grows faster in the summer.
9. Protects your face from the elements and provide a cushion from a face injury.
8. 55% of men in the world have facial hair.
7. Touching a man's beard in the Middle Ages was considered offensive and grounds for a duel.
6. In 345 Alexander the Great forbade his soldiers to have beards to prevent enemies from pulling them in battle.
5. The longest beard in the world belonged to a Norwegian man and it was 17.4 feet long.
4. Beards can help filter out dust or pollen and help if you have allergies.
3. In ancient Egypt metal beards were a sign of godliness and status and even women wore them.
2. Someone who loves or studies beards is called a "pogonophile".
1. A man who shaves spends roughly 3,350 hours of his life in the bathroom. (what a wasted time)
After I come up with visuals for those facts I would like to add famous people with beards/facial hair at the end. Some names are:
I think if we are OK with those facts I can start designing the look of the infographic, so feedback would be good :)